Money is one of the top reasons why couples break up, so it's vital that you and your money are on the same page when it comes to talking about money.
Now when talking to your honey about the money, pick a neutral space. For example, a restaurant, park, bar or cafe i.e. out of the house where you can have wine or a coffee. Be relaxed and talk about these questions open & calmly.
- If you won a million dollars in the lottery, what would your first purchase be?
- How did your parents behave around money?
- What word would you use to describe your relationship with money?
- How much do we need to live on? Think about how long you’ll need to work for and whether it’s full-time?
- What are our retirement goals (what age and how much do you want to retire on)?
- If one of us stops earning (raising children, unemployed or unwell) will the other pay super for the non-earner?
- Would you lend money to a friend or family member in need? If so, how much?
- Do you have a budget you...